We all have books right? Novels, Guides, school books etc. And some of them are just lying there. Because you’ve already read it, it wasn’t as interesting as you thought, etc. Why not sell those old books for some cash? Even if you wanna keep novels and guides for future reference and read, you don’t need the ones from your earlier class.
BookChor is a website that not only lets you sell your old/used books but also buy them at cheap prices.
Other classified advertising platforms like OLX and Quikr sell books too but they don’t have nearly as many books as BookChor. Nor are they categorized. But BookChor has a huge range of secondhand books neatly categorized making it easy for you to find what you’re looking for.
BookChor is strictly for book lovers where they can buy and sell used books while OLX/Quikr is more suited for electronics and vehicles.
BookChor ensures the quality of the books before selling it. So even if the books are used they are in good shape.
You can also download the BookChor app from the Play store or iTunes.
Getting Started with BookChor:
1. Download the app from Google Play Store(for Android) or iTunes(for iOS).
2. Tap the sign up button(or log in using Google+ or Facebook).
3. Enter the necessary details and hit SIGN UP.
4. Verify your number with OTP.
5. Go to side-menu and tap “Earn with BC(BookChor)” and enter this referral code on the next page: #BC303055.
How to Make Money with BookChor:
There are two ways you can make money from BookChor:
1. Selling Used Books:
You can sell your old books to BookChor for some extra cash. But the pickup service is only available in Delhi so for other states you will need to post an Ad with the necessary details about the book. And interested buyers will contact you with whatever contact details you provided.
To post an ad for a book you’ll need to provide details like ISBN, book title, author, book edition, book condition, publisher, pages, original price, phone number, etc.
2. Refer & earn:
You can also earn money by referring some book lovers. For every referred user that buys a book, you’ll get 2.5% of the price of the book.
Pros of BookChor:
Cost: This the obvious reason for anyone to ditch Flipkart and Amazon for their need for books. The price of books is so low compared to their listed price that you won’t even feel like you are paying.
For example, George R.R. Martin’s Game of Thrones(set of 7 books) cost Rs.2000 on Amazon but on BookChor you can buy the set for Rs.138.
Replacement: Don’t worry if there is something wrong with the book you received. BookChor offers a 15-day replacement guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the book you can ask for a replacement within 15 days of delivery.
Return Policy: If you’re not 100% satisfied with your Bookchor purchase, you can return it for any reason at no charge.
Your purchase must be returned in saleable condition with the original packaging, including Universal Product Code (UPC), manuals, parts, and your receipt or packing slip.
You need to inform within 24 Hours of delivery if you want to return the book, after that you can replace the copy within 15 days of delivery
The money will be refunded to you in your BookChor wallet or in your bank account as per your convenience in 7-10 working days.
- BookChor inspects every book to ensure there is no wear or tear
- They ensure the book is not pirated and no pages are missing
- BookChor packs the books ensuring they are in perfect condition.
- Currently, pickup services are only available in Delhi. If you live in any other state you will have to download the app to post an ad for interested buyers.
- Problem with online payment. There are a lot of complaints against Bookchor that after users made online payments they did not get their books delivered to them. And still waiting for a refund. So it’would be better to choose Cash on delivery.
- Delivery Time: The delivery of the book can take up to months depending on where you live.
BookChor is a great platform for book lovers to buy books at low prices and also earn some money on the side by selling old ones. There also the option to refer other users to the app and earn for every purchase they make. This is the best app any book lover in India can hope for.
More posts for you: